About Outward Bound Hong Kong
Outward Bound Hong Kong has been serving the people of Hong Kong since 1970, providing high-quality personal development experiences in the outdoors for thousands of participants from a range of backgrounds. Working from three bases in the New Territories participants undertake journeys in kayaks or ketches in the coastal waters and hiking the mountains of the Hong Kong Country Parks. We own and maintain a 67 ft yacht, The Spirit of Outward Bound which provides a platform for longer courses.
Seasonal & Long Term Instructors
Hong Kong’s leading provider of life-changing experiential education programmes is seeking Instructors.
• To be able to run Outward Bound courses effectively and with intentional focus to provide the very best educational outcomes for Outward Bound Hong Kong’s clients.
• To be an independent and self-sufficient instructor running a wide variety of programmes in a residential setting but predominantly concentrating on journey-based courses using sailing, sea kayaking and hiking as the mode of transport.
• To maintain high standards of safety at all times and maintain good working relationships and practices throughout the different departments that they work with.
• Minimum 21 years old
• Bronze Medallion Life Saving or equivalent
• Wilderness First Aid Certificate (WFA) or equivalent (including AED certification)
• Technical skill experience in sea kayaking, rock climbing, low ropes and hiking.
• A history of working with youth in an educational setting and/or professional corporate clients.
• APIOL or higher
• Completion of an outdoor training programme (e.g. Degree, Diploma)
• 2 NGB assessed awards
• Sailing experience
• Conversational Cantonese
• Outward Bound experience (other experiential education providers will also be considered.)
• A belief in developing human potential
• Open and honest communication skills
• A willingness to be flexible in regards to situations, working hours and conditions
• An eye for detail and safety
• A willingness to train and develop fellow staff
Find more information in the section or Recognition of Prior Learning Entry in http://www.outwardbound.org.hk/careers/becoming-an-obhk-instructor. Interested parties please send applications to email@example.com.